What is Invisalign and how will my life change with it?
Invisalign is a removable set of clear aligners which work to straighten your teeth just the same way that braces do. Your life will change minimally using Invisalign and it is one of the most comfortable and easy to use orthodontic appliances available to date. With Invisalign or Invisalign Teen you can:
- You are able to take out your orthodontic appliance when ever it is time to eat or drink so that you don’t have any dietary restrictions.
- Others will never notice that you are wearing an orthodontic appliance. Invisalign is virtually invisible and it is almost impossible to tell when somebody is wearing them.
- Easily remove the aligners to clean your teeth effectively without having trouble areas where bacteria can build up.
- Take some time off from your orthodontic appliance when needed.
- Continue to smile without feeling self-conscious.
- Reduce the length of your orthodontic treatment by speeding up the process.
The Invisalign treatment explained:
When patients come in to start Invisalign a 3-D computer rendering is taken of their teeth with an iTero Intra Oral Digital Scanner and Invisalign aligners are created to perfectly form fit their teeth. By regularly changing these aligners a patient can move their teeth into the desired position and achieve a healthy smile. Teeth move little by little as each aligner is changed out over a two-week period. The amount of aligners needed is assessed by the orthodontist based off of the progress of the patient.
The biggest benefits to Invisalign
Ultimately if you do require braces, Invisalign can offer you some big advantages over them. Braces can cause irritation because of the metal brackets that are installed into your mouth whereas Invisalign is irritation free. It takes far less time to assess the progress of an Invisalign patient meaning that you can spend less time with an orthodontist as well. This is ideal for people with busy lifestyles who cannot commit to any big changes but still want to straighten their teeth. Invisalign also has a preview report that will show you exactly how your teeth will look after the treatment has been completed.
How many people have used Invisalign?
Invisalign is still a fairly new orthodontic treatment option but more than 1 million patients have been successfully treated using this product already. If you have any questions about Invisalign please feel free to mention it during your appointment or to contact us for a complimentary consultation.